AW: Long text description date format different from workitem date format

Mark Pyc mark_pyc at gillette.com
Fri Sep 24 02:47:39 EDT 2004

The issue with this is that the Workitem text is static. It is generate=
once when the workitem is created and is then stored in a table with al=
the expressions already resolved. The long text on the other hand is
actually calculated each time you display it (you can change the long t=
ext
against a task and see that already existing Workitems show the new tex=
t).

Date formating is a user definable preference. A hardcoded format as We=
rner
suggested may not suit everyone but it may be difficult to do much more=
. If
you only had a single agent you could predetermine the agent, determine=

their date format settings and ensure it was displayed in that format, =
but
once you've got more than 1 agent for the same work item... your knacke=
red.
Apart from anything that's a lot of work just for a bit of date formatt=
ing.

I'm not certain, but I'm sure someone is, are the dynamic columns more
dynamic with regards to date formatting?

Have fun,
Mark

                                                                       =

                      Werner Koessl                                    =

                      <Werner.Koessl at hirs         To:      SAP-WUG at MITV=
MA.MIT.EDU
                      chvogel.de>                 cc:                  =

                      Sent by: SAP                Subject: AW: Long tex=
t description date format different from workitem date format
                      Workflow                                         =

                      <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITV                              =

                      MA.MIT.EDU>                                      =

                                                                       =

                                                                       =

                      24 Sep 2004 07:11                                =

                      Please respond to                                =

                      SAP Workflow Users'                              =

                      Group                                            =

                                                                       =

                                                                       =

Hi Partha,

i had the same problem months ago.

I solved it with an additional element 'date':
  date(2)    =3D evdat+6(2).   date+2(1) =3D '.'.
  date+3(2)  =3D evdat+4(2).   date+5(1) =3D '.'.
  date+6(4)  =3D evdat(4).

Hope that helps!
Regards,
Werner.