Event parameters lost on custom trigger

Heath, Darrell L. Darrell.Heath at Lyondell.com
Thu Sep 23 12:46:44 EDT 2004

Michael,

Check the format of lt_cont.  At least in 4.5b 'SAP_WAPI_CREATE_EVENT'
uses the structure SWR_CONT rather than SWCONT (created by
swc_container).

Darrell

-----Original Message-----
From: SAP Workflow [mailto:Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU] On Behalf Of
Michael Pokraka
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2004 11:26 AM
To: SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Subject: Event parameters lost on custom trigger

Hi all,
Been tearing my hair out for two days on this one:
I'm raising an event using SAP_WAPI_CREATE_EVENT and trying to pass
parameters to the WF, which I've done in the past no problem. However on
this 4.7/620 system it doesn't like to play along.

The code is quite straightforward:

include <cntn01>.          " also tried <cntain>
swc_container lt_cont.
swc_create_container lt_cont.
swc_set_element lt_cont 'EventParameter' p_value.

* Also tried SWE_EVENT_CREATE with no joy
CALL FUNCTION 'SAP_WAPI_CREATE_EVENT'
  EXPORTING
    OBJECT_TYPE           =3D 'BUS0000'
    OBJECT_KEY            =3D l_objkey
    EVENT                 =3D 'ZCUSTOMEVENT'
  TABLES
    INPUT_CONTAINER       =3D lt_cont.

Result? There's no hint of any event parameter in the WF. If I test it
using
SWUE, the parameter comes through to the flow. I've debugged some of the
event code and somwehow it just seems to lose the custom value along the
way, I'm still working my way through the 497 classes that seem to be
involved (and have searched the archives and OSS), but if anyone can
shed
some light in the meantime I'd be grateful.

Cheers
Mike