Clear workitem from inbox

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Mon Sep 20 08:52:57 EDT 2004

I think a solution that will work already has been presented to you. That
solution was to have a fork into two branches with completion of one branch
being sufficient. One branch has a synchronous step which creates the
approval work item in SAP Business Workplace, the other sends an e-mail to
Lotus Notes and then waits for the event indicating approval happened in
Lotus Notes.

As soon as one branch is completed the workflow will continue with steps
following the join of the fork branches. If your workflow is completed
shortly after the fork any active work items (the approval work item in SAP
Business Workplace) will disappear since the workflow is completed.
Otherwise you have to add further steps, e.g. a process control step which
obsoletes the approval work item in SAP Business workplace (process control
type "obsolete work item" if I recall correct).

The only remaining issue then would be to clear the Notes message when
approval takes place in SAP. Good luck on that one...

I think you have to describe your current solution in detail if you need
more specific advice on what to change. Remember, screenshots and other
simple solutions will do no good since attachments are not forwarded by the
list server. You'll have to use words.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

                    Chenna Kiran Kumar
                    <chenna.kiran at wipro.        To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                    com>                        cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)
                    Sent by: SAP                Subject:     Re: Clear workitem from inbox
                    Workflow
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM
                    A.MIT.EDU>

                    20.09.2004 13:10
                    Please respond to
                    "SAP Workflow Users'
                    Group"

Hi Nat Govender,

      I do have a wait for approval step in my workflow. The approval from
LotusNotes is not a workitem. Its a normal mail that is sent from Workflow
to LotusNotes. Buttons are provided by LotusScript programming. we have
developed a RFC which is called by Lotus to send the data to SAP. Inside
the RFC we have Logic based on what data is sent (e.g 'Approve','Reject'
and 'Revise'). Based on the data received I trigger an event using
SWE_EVENT_CREATE which is connected to wait step in workflow. Everything
works fine except that we need the workitem which is sent to SAP Inbox for
Approval also to be cleared once suitable action is taken from LotusNotes.

regards,
Chenna

this message.
Thank you.