Call transaction method

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Fri Oct 29 06:11:37 EDT 2004

Try again, _with_ details this time. You didn't actually provide much new
information (except the BOR object type), although it was a nice, short and
precise summary.

* What is the transaction your batch input runs?
* What does your batch input do? Step by step, please.
* Do you process the messages from the transaction call in your method?

Oh, and check that WF-BATCH has full authorisation (SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW).
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

                    Sandra Contreras
                    <scontrerasc at hotmail        To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                    .com>                       cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)
                    Sent by: SAP                Subject:     Re: Call transaction method
                    Workflow
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM
                    A.MIT.EDU>

                    28.10.2004 18:55
                    Please respond to
                    "SAP Workflow Users'
                    Group"

Hello, I want to explain with more details the situuation:

I have a workflow that controls the time in wich a kind of maintenance
order
must be technically complete after the notification. If the dead line its
reach  the workflow must to complete automatically  (technically) the order
because in some reports the information doesn't shows the management order
reality, and the process doesn't finished.

I'm working in SAP R/3 4.6C and the object BUS2007.  I create a  method
with
a batch input   in order to complete de order.  The method works O.K. (the
status order changed)  When I put the method in a task two things happened.
I prove with the task in dialogue mode, I mean, the user just execute the
work item with a click, and It works, so it's working.  The second  if the
task it's  totally in  background  nothing happened, the task finished but
the status order doesn't chage.

Thanks for your help.

Sandra Contreras

>From: Kjetil Kilhavn <kjetilk at statoil.com>
>To: SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
>Subject: Re: Call transaction method
>Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 09:43:57 +0200
>
>Are you sure what you are trying to do _can_ be done in background mode?
>If you are using batch input, what is involved?
>
>Often it is much easier to advise when some more details are known. Tell
>the group what exactly you are trying to do, what you have tried that
>didn't work - and always which version you are on.
>--
>Kjetil Kilhavn
>

>                     Sandra Contreras
>                     <scontrerasc at hotmail        To:
>SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
>                     .com>                       cc:     (bcc: Kjetil
>Kilhavn)
>                     Sent by: SAP                Subject:     Re: Call
>transaction method
>                     Workflow
>                     <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM
>                     A.MIT.EDU>
>

>                     27.10.2004 22:03
>                     Please respond to
>                     "SAP Workflow Users'
>                     Group"
>

>Hi Partha,
>
>thanks for your suggestions.  I don't have a BAPI, anyway I prove with
>"wait" and commit bui insn't work yet.
>
>Thans for your help.
>

>Sandra
>

> >From: "Chatterjee, Partha (US - San Ramon)" <pchatterjee at deloitte.com>
> >To: SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
> >Subject: Re: Call transaction method
> >Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:47:07 -0500
> >
> >Hi Sandra,
> >
> >A couple of suggestions:
> >
> >1) After your call transaction try to put in a command like 'wait up to
> >3 seconds'.  This sometimes works for BAPIs -- so I doubt it will work
> >for a call transaction but what the heck.
> >
> >2) If there is a BAPI for the call transaction your are using you might
> >try that instead.  If there is a BAPI use in conjunction with the
> >BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT function module.
> >
> >With regards,
> >Partha

Las mejores tiendas, los precios mas bajos, entregas en todo el mundo,
YupiMSN Compras: http://latam.msn.com/compras/

this message.
Thank you.