Workflow not working in production system

Karin A. Caccavale Karin_Caccavale at berlex.com
Thu Oct 28 11:17:43 EDT 2004

Hello everyone,

I hope someone out there can help me.

We have inbound orders coming into our system via EDI.  They are translated
to IDOC's and sent to SAP (Version 4.5B).  We have set up workflow for any
Idoc errors.   I created a new position and assigned a number of holders
(user id's) to that position.  I have also assigned that position to my
partner profile.

The only person in our production system that is receiving the workflow
messages is the one person that is also assigned to another position that
we have for outbound idoc processing.

Here's where it gets really strange.  We copied our entire database from
production to our test system.  All security, workflow etc is identical to
that in our production system.  Believe it or not, workflow actually works
correctly in our test system!  All of the users assigned to the workflow
position get a workflow message in their inbox.  Yet is still does not work
in production.  You would think after a system copy that it wouldn't work
in the test environment, but it does.

What am I missing?  Is there some setting that someone knows of that maybe
is not copied during a system copy that could cause this?  I am truly
stumped and would appreciate any and all advice you can give me.  Why would
it work in one environment and not the other when the environments are, as
far as I can tell, identical?

Please help!

Thanks
Karin