Long URLs in task description not displayed correctly in external email system

Marc Correia Marc.Correia at fonterra.com
Wed Oct 27 17:58:08 EDT 2004

Hi Partha

This could also be an option.

regards
Marc.

<%
// Paul Depree - SAP NZ - 09072004
// Utility to launch CRM activities links from emails. SAP has a limiatio=
n of 256 short urls and the standard link in portal is too long. This tak=
es a shorthand version with the information, and rebuilds the true url pr=
ior to forwarding.

=09String crmObjectType =3D request.getParameter("OT");
=09String crmBORType =3D request.getParameter("BTY");
=09String crmObjectID =3D request.getParameter("OID");
=09String crmLogicalSystem=3D request.getParameter("LS");
=09String crmMethod =3D request.getParameter("CM");
=09String ls =3D request.getParameter("~ls");

=09String newURL =3D "/irj/portal?NavigationTarget=3D%2Froles%2Fcom.sap.p=
ct.crm.crm_default_services%2Fnf%2FCrmUrlDispatcher%3F";
=09newURL +=3D "CRM_OBJECT_TYPE%3D" + crmObjectType + "%26CRM_BOR_TYPE%3D=
" + crmBORType + "%26CRM_OBJECT_ID%3D" +crmObjectID + "%26CRM_LOGSYS%3D" =
+ (crmLogicalSystem =3D=3D null ? "" : crmLogicalSystem) + "%26CRM_METHOD=
%3D" + crmMethod + "&~logical_system=3D" + ls + " &~object_type=3D" +  cr=
mBORType + "&~object_key=3D" + crmObjectID;

%>

<script>location.href =3D "<%=3D newURL %>";</script>

Put this into an HTML file on the the J2ee Server, can either be IRJ root=
=20or customer deployed webapp.

MEans you can do this :=20
HTTP://hlz1itak.zeus.ghsewn.com:50000/irj/crmRedirector.html?OT%3DBUSINES=
SACTIVITYCRM%26BTY%3DBUS2000126%26OID%3D40E9A948FFAF0F2DE10000000A91430F%=
26LS%3D%26CM%3DDEFAULT&~ls=3DCRDCLNT222&~ot=3DBUS2000126&~okey=3D40E9A948=
FFAF0F2DE10000000A91430F

Instead of :

http://hlz1itak.zeus.ghsewn.com:50000/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.=
sap.portal.navigation.portallauncher.default?NavigationTarget=3D/roles/co=
m.sap.pct.crm.AccountManager/ActivityManagement/ActivityManagement/Mainta=
inActivities_2&DynamicParameter=3DCRM_OBJECT_TYPE%3DBUSINESSACTIVITYCRM%2=
6CRM_BOR_TYPE%3DBUS2000126%26CRM_OBJECT_ID%3D40B86EFD75861207E10000000A91=
430F%26CRM_LOGSYS%3DCRDCLNT222%26sap-syscmd%3Dnocookie

Let me know if you have any questions.

Paul