Long URLs in task description not displayed correctly in external email system

Chatterjee, Partha (US - San Ramon) pchatterjee at deloitte.com
Wed Oct 27 14:19:23 EDT 2004

Hi All,
=20
My current client requires a fairly long URL to be displayed in their =
workitems in their external Lotus email system so they can connect back =
into to SAP Portals to go into their workflow inbox.
=20
I am using report RSWUWFML to send the generated workitems from SAP to =
Lotus.  This is working fine, however, the URL that I have imbedded in =
this long task description is 186 character long and it is cutting off =
at 72 characters.  In essence, SAP is inserting a carriage return at the =
end of 72 characters.  So the whole text for the URL is displayed but =
Lotus is only treating the first 72 characters of the URL as part of the =
URL.  The remainder of the URL stays as regular text.
=20
I have looked at the WUG Archive and there do not seem to be any =
satisfactory solutions as of yet.  Have any of you run into this? =20
=20
I have tried using a variable for the URL in the task description with =
option that is supposed to treat a multiline container element as a =
continuous line but this still behaves the same way--only the first 72 =
characters are treated as a URL the remainder looks like regular text.
=20
Thanks all and best regards,
Partha=20

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential =
information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is =
protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should =
message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly =
prohibited.