Change a Workflow-Definition without manually copying

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Tue Nov 23 09:25:42 EST 2004

Not really workflow, but strongly influencing workflow: enable me to ca=
tch
the situation where a user closes the session by using the window close=

button, system-menu close or some other "smart" mechanism (except
transaction /nex) since this causes a workflow to be left in status sta=
rted
and there is absolutely no way of catching it as far as I have been abl=
e to
find out.

Our biggest problem: workflow step runs a report (synchronous, dialog).=

When user leaves report the step is completed and the next step checks
whether there are remaining (unapproved) documents. If so it publishes =
an
event which restarts the workflow. However, when the user closes the
session as mentioned the work item remains in status "started".

Problem 1: offshore user goes home for his four weeks after using the c=
lose
button. We have a 14-day deadline before the workflow terminates, so th=
next 14 days no approval takes place because no-one gets the approval
report workflow.

Problem 2: users call the help desk complaining that they get approval
reports with no documents. The reason is that the #%=A7&! users approve=
 all
documents and then use the close button to leave the report. They have
become used to this working nicely in all (other) windows applications,=

where the situation is trapped and handled as any normal exit. Not so i=
SAP...
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    Alon Raskin                                        =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    <araskin at 3i-consulti        To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.=
MIT.EDU                                                                =
      =20
                    ng.com>                     cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Ki=
lhavn)                                                                 =
      =20
                    Sent by: SAP                Subject:     Re: Change=
 a Workflow-Definition without manually copying                        =
      =20
                    Workflow                                           =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM                               =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    A.MIT.EDU>                                         =
                                                                       =
      =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    23.11.2004 12:23                                   =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    Please respond to                                  =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    "SAP Workflow Users'                               =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    Group"                                             =
                                                                       =
      =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20

Hi Everyone,

Why don't you all mail me your SAP Workflow wish list requests and I wi=
ll
add it to the www.wugarchive.com web site. Who knows maybe SAP will lik=
some of the ideas and implement them?

Please mail me directly and I will do my best to get your ideas/suggest=
ions
up on the site ASAP.

Regards,

Alon Raskin
e: araskin at 3i-consulting.com <mailto:araskin at 3i-consulting.com>
w: http://www.3i-consulting.com

intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorised use, dissemination of=
 the
information or copying of this message is prohibited. If you are not th=
addressee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and de=
lete
this message.
Thank you.=