Error in Multiline Container

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Tue Nov 23 08:58:48 EST 2004

I am sorry, but I have a hard time understanding how your solution has =
been
defined. I will give it one final try, explaining how I have understood=

what you have done first.

1)  AGENTS is a multiline container element in the workflow container (=
with
data type USR02-BNAME). It has correct entries.

2)  You have a subworkflow which is the task of one of your steps. In t=
his
step the =ABOther=BB tab contains AGENTS in the =ABMultiline element=BB=
 field.

3)  You bind the indexed container element to a container element AGENT=
S1
in the subworkflow. I don't know which version you are on, but here in =
46C
this is displayed as =AB&AGENTS()&=BB which is quite different from wha=
t you
wrote. I have never seen a _WF_PARFOREACH_INDEX element either. The
difference can be due to us being on different versions. In our system,=
 if
you use the popup to select the element to bind the description is =AB"=
  with
index=BB. Does it have the correct value, or does it contain =AB000001=BB=
?

4) You bind AGENTS1 from the subworkflow container to AGENTS1 (I assume=

this is also defined as USR02-BNAME) in the task container. The task
container does not get the user from AGENTS as value, instead it gets
=AB000001=BB.

If your AGENTS1 subworkflow container element contains =AB000001=BB the=
 error
is probably related to the binding mentioned in 3).
If your AGENTS1 subworkflow container element contains the correct valu=
(user ID) I have no idea what has gone wrong.

Whether you need to change your definition depends on what you use AGEN=
TS1
in the subworkflow and task container for. If you use the value in AGEN=
TS1
in an expression to specify the agent of your step in the subworkflow y=
ou
have to refer to SWHACTOR, otherwise your agent object type will be the=

first two characters of the user name.

In the "Other" tab of your step definition you define which multiline
element to use as the basis for dynamic parallell processing. If you pi=
ck
it from the value selection list I guess the indexed version is used
automatically, so you need not worry about the index vs. non-index issu=
e.
However, in the binding to your subworkflow they will both be displayed=
 in
the pop-up, and there you have to select the =ABwith index=BB entry. It=
 should
be the only one with a dark green background colour (perfect data type
match) anyway.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    Maorriyan                                          =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    <maorriyan_santoso at y        To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.=
MIT.EDU                                                                =
      =20
                    ahoo.com>                   cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Ki=
lhavn)                                                                 =
      =20
                    Sent by: SAP                Subject:     Re: Error =
in Multiline Container                                                 =
      =20
                    Workflow                                           =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM                               =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    A.MIT.EDU>                                         =
                                                                       =
      =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    22.11.2004 16:06                                   =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    Please respond to                                  =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    "SAP Workflow Users'                               =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    Group"                                             =
                                                                       =
      =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20

Hi Kjetil,
actually my "AGENTS" container is referring to
structure USR02-BNAME and filled successfully with 2
US<user name>. Do you think it will affect if I'm
change it? Refer to SWHACTOR? I will test your
suggestion.
- Where I can found index or non-index container
element in my "parallellism" definition?
- Now I'm getting confuse what's the differences
between a multiline container element/parameter
container?
Definitely, the "AGENTS" is container and in its
properties tab, I checked the multiline check box. So
I assume this is multiline container isn't it?

Thanks for your reply Kjetil.

_______________________________________________________________________=
_

_______________________________________________________________________=
_

> The information contained in this message may be
> CONFIDENTIAL and is
> intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorised
> use, dissemination of the
> information or copying of this message is
> prohibited. If you are not the
> addressee, please notify the sender immediately by
> return e-mail and delete
> this message.
> Thank you.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D