AG Security Roles in the logic of AC Rules

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Thu Nov 11 19:54:47 EST 2004

Hi Mark and Maorriyan,
Ok so you want to use Security roles for Responsible agents.
Easy done.
There are some BAPIs/pseudo BAPis that will return all users linked to a given activity group.
Look at function modules beginning with PRGN, e.g. PRGN_READ_USERS.
There are BAPIs to determine the activity groups linked to a user - look at function modules beginning with BAPI_USER.
There are also function modules AUTHORITY_CHECK and SUSR_AUTHORITY_CHECK_SIMULATE that will let you check the authorities for a particular user.

But even better than that you may want to try out the function SUSR_GET_USERS_WITH_SPEC_AUTHS and similar.

You should also start looking at PERSONALIZATION KEYS - transaction PERSREG and the like.  This is a very useful way of assigning data to security roles that can be read again later.  Great for approval limits in particular, e.g. everyone with this security role has this approval limit.  Very free in what sort of data, simple to complex, many formats, can be associated with a security role.
Regards,
Jocelyn