AG Security Roles in the logic of AC Rules

Maorriyan maorriyan_santoso at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 11 08:36:43 EST 2004

Hi Mark,
I think your probelm is similar with my question a
couple days ago. And unfortunatelly no body
responding.
I need to use AG Role as my responsible agent. To
determine which AG Role need to be used I need to
check material type and plant. Up to know, I haven't
get any answer from this forum.
But Mark, what I'm thinking is:
- Use an expression. Where this container expression
is filled with AG Role (e.g Z:SAP_ROLE1) thru binding.
And of course the checking still need to be done
inside business object program.
I have a better idea but I don't know how to implement
it. Perhaps somebody who more expert could give us the
better answer.
Do checking inside programming. If match then search
in the table of AG Role/authorization. Then transfer
the role to task.

regards,

Maorriyan
 --- Mark Pyc <markpyc at hotmail.com> wrote:
> G'day Wuggers,
>
> System 46C.
>
> I appreciate the elegance of using Security Roles
> (AG) for determination of
> Possible Agents but does anyone use them to help
> determine Responsible
> Agents??
>
> For example send the release of a PReq with Rel Code
> R2 to users with
> security access to Rel Code R2.
>
> It's not a case of using the Roles as possible
> agents since there is one
> task for all Rel Codes. In fact it may not be a
> particular AG Role I want to
> check against, but a coding equivalent to
> Authority-Check.
>
> Is there a function that will return all users with
> a given level of access
> to a particular authorization object?
>
> My situation is surrounding Cost Centre based
> responisibilities for
> Requestion Approval, Invoice Certification and
> Invoice Approval (2 stage
> process). Ideally I'd like to keep maintenance to a
> minimum by creating an
> association with a Cost Centre (ideally via linkages
> to Org Units) and then
> use a combination of Security Access to determine
> the Responsible Agent in
> each case.
>
> Is this possible? Is this a reasonable approach??
>
> Have fun,
> Mark

=====
Maorriyan