WF Builder gives "Illegal node-id in Nodevalue-Table..."

Heath, Darrell L. Darrell.Heath at Lyondell.com
Thu Nov 11 07:41:23 EST 2004

We have seen this same error however it was a different scenario.  Our
problem was caused by an "undefined" step that was inadvertently left in
a deadline leg after a process control step. =20

Task1 -> Deadline ->....-> Process Control (Task1 Obsolete) ->
"Undefined" -> [end of leg]

The process control step marked the parent workitem for the deadline leg
"obsolete".  Then workflow tried to execute the "undefined" step after
that. Same error with no ability to restart or end the step.  We removed
the "undefined" step and all is well.=20

Darrell

-----Original Message-----
From: SAP Workflow [mailto:Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU] On Behalf Of
Michael Pokraka
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2004 5:03 AM
To: SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Subject: Re: WF Builder gives "Illegal node-id in Nodevalue-Table..."

Thanks, good point but have tried that (never seen that actually fix
anything). We've just carefully rebuilt a 30+ node workflow (ignoring
the
message, then testing the loop still works - no prob so far). Somewhere
near
the end another step was added and the loop stopped working.

Not good when a project is cruising at 300mph to try to meet deadlines..
anyway, we've logged it with OSS once again!

Cheers
Mike

Dart, Jocelyn wrote:
> There are a couple of "correction" options e.g. "block correction", in
the
> menu paths of the builder (extras menu I think but they have moved
around
> from release to release). Worth trying before you resort to
rebuilding.
> Regards,
> Jocelyn

I'd