AG Security Roles in the logic of AC Rules

Mark Pyc markpyc at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 11 05:29:35 EST 2004

G'day Wuggers,

System 46C.

I appreciate the elegance of using Security Roles (AG) for determination of
Possible Agents but does anyone use them to help determine Responsible
Agents??

For example send the release of a PReq with Rel Code R2 to users with
security access to Rel Code R2.

It's not a case of using the Roles as possible agents since there is one
task for all Rel Codes. In fact it may not be a particular AG Role I want to
check against, but a coding equivalent to Authority-Check.

Is there a function that will return all users with a given level of access
to a particular authorization object?

My situation is surrounding Cost Centre based responisibilities for
Requestion Approval, Invoice Certification and Invoice Approval (2 stage
process). Ideally I'd like to keep maintenance to a minimum by creating an
association with a Cost Centre (ideally via linkages to Org Units) and then
use a combination of Security Access to determine the Responsible Agent in
each case.

Is this possible? Is this a reasonable approach??

Have fun,
Mark