Passing HR infotype start date to an event

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Thu May 27 20:40:29 EDT 2004

Mike,
Most infotype-based business objects provide the "Aggregate" attribute which contains an instance of the EMPLOYEET object for the employee and validitybegin date of the infotype.
You should just be able to use this attribute directly to fill your workflow container element or in your event start condition if that's what you are doing.
See business object EMPLCOMM for an example

So long as your event is based on the business object for that infotype you shouldn't need to do anything special.

Plus all HR events that I've dealt with always pass an EMPLOYEET instance as a event parameter.  As all HR events are handled by central routines if you look at standard HR events you can see that they all include two event parametesr:
* Employee - an instance of EMPLOYEE
* EmployeeUser - an instance of EMPLOYEET

So if you are using your own event, you might want to try defining the event parameter "EmployeeUser" as an instance of Employeet and that should be enough to pick up the correct employeet instance.

Jocelyn