Passing HR infotype start date to an event

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Thu May 27 15:02:53 EDT 2004

Greetings all,
The subject says it all: I want to know the start date of an infotype whe=
an event is raised.
We've specified a custom function in T779X to raise an event when a Perso=
is updated. However the update is usually future-dated and may even be
delimited. afterimage-begda is available within the FM and what I'm looki=
ng
for, but I cannot pass anything other than an event name out of the FM...=
 so
near and yet so far! Would be nice to fill an event container at this poi=
nt.

The issue behind all this is that the WF needs to instantiate an EMPLOYEE=
object based on the start time specified in the update that raised the
event, just in case someone has a completely different alternative....

Any insight appreciated,
Cheers
Mike