Enhancement of existing workflow for our Purchase Requisition Release (approval - ME53n)??

Richard Marut rvmarut at earthlink.net
Mon May 24 10:07:05 EDT 2004

Sri,

I've run into to this same situation once. What I did was I added a step
with a new method prior to the release requisition that did the same lookup
as the role resolution for the release step. I passed an indicator back to
the container that specified if an automatic release should occur when an
agent was missing. If it needed to, I branched to a step that processed the
release method. Of course there was more to it than just checking if an
agent didn't exist in the org structure involving items such as cost center,
dollar amount, etc., which were all built into the lookup.

Richard...