Portal Inbox BWSP

Bradshaw-Long, Kathleen Kathleen.Bradshaw-Long at getronics.com
Thu May 20 10:33:44 EDT 2004

Hello all,

We have two issues with our  users regarding our implementation of
workflow for purchase requisitions.
We are using SAP release 4.6C and Enterprise Portal 5.0.  Because many
of our users don't have access to SAP, we are using the portal inbox for
workflow items.
This is transaction BWSP. There are two things the  users do not like.

One is that the portal does not show the identity of the agent (who has
the workflow item) until the agent opens the workitem.
Therefore, our portal inbox users can not go into the log at any time to
see who has the workflow item.  (This information is available in the
SAP Business workplace inbox.)  We have looked all of the standard
workflow reports, but we haven't found any that can be run by the
requisition number.  We have been thinking about creating some kind of a
query to obtain this information from the portal?

The other problem concerns the purchase requisiton value.  Our finance
approvers can not tell the overall value of the purchase requisition
without adding up all of the line items (and multiplying by the
quantity).  This is an issue whether they are looking at the purchase
requisition via workflow in the SAP inbox or in the portal inbox.

Has anyone had experience with either of these situations? If so, any
advice would be welcome.

        Kathleen Bradshaw-Long
        IPS

        Kathleen.Bradshaw-Long at getronics.com