Integration of SAP's Content Management Service with SAP Work flow

Chatterjee, Partha (US - San Ramon) pchatterjee at deloitte.com
Wed May 19 01:59:13 EDT 2004

Hi Jocelyn,
=20
Thanks for your response.  I was not expecting a definitive answer =
really--just general guidance.  I have been implementing Workflow for =
the last 7 years and the NetWeaver (BPM) and Portals functionality seems =
intriguing.
=20
I have researched this more today and found out the following:
=20
1) Content Manager seems to have workflow functionality via the Recent =
Notifications iView
2) that is publishing a document for an approval process sends =
Notifications to your iView
3) Since this is an iView this should be implementable in Universal =
Worklist
4) This functionality in CMS allows you to use 'channels' to determine =
where notifications go including email (by this I email outside of the =
Recent Notifications iView).
5) By allowing external email, we can send http:/ links that should =
allow us to access whichever inbox we are intersted in implementing.
6) Anything in the Recent Notifications inbox is stored as XML data in =
the appropriate repositories--this should theoretically XML forms based =
workflows to start from CMS.
=20
Let me knw your thoughts on these points.  This is based on what I can =
put together from SAP's help documentation.
=20
Best regards,
Partha Chatterjee

        -----Original Message-----=20