Integration of SAP's Content Management Service with SAP Workflow

Chatterjee, Partha (US - San Ramon) pchatterjee at deloitte.com
Tue May 18 14:06:28 EDT 2004

My questions are somewhat general so please bear with me:

SAP's Content Management Service (CMS) appears to integrate with SAP
Portals/Workflow via the 'Recent Notifications' iView.  Are their other
Inboxes that this can integrate such as standard Outlook or Outlook via
SAP MAPI or Universal Inbox (I assume this is possible via the existence
of the iView)?  I assume so but it is not clear from SAP's
documentation.

Secondly, CMS appears to be able to work with XML documents for its
publishing pipeline.  Can CMS use XML documents to enable/trigger
standard SAP Workflows?

Thirdly, since it appears that CMS uses some pre-delivered workflow
functionality, are there specific business objects SAP has intended for
its use in either the backend SAP or in its SAP Portals architecture?

Thanks for your consideration,

Partha Chatterjee

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential =
information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is =
protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should =
message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly =
prohibited.