Authorization Issue with Workflow - Agent assignment

Uday Malghan umalghan at hns.com
Tue May 11 15:25:51 EDT 2004

Hi Team,

We are in SAP 4.6C and in process of implementing Travel Management -
Travel Expenses. I have copied SAP WF template 20000040 (Approve trip) as
our business process is some what different. Recently I have transported
custom workflow to Test System. I need to assign agent in Test as we can
not transport them. However I have two issues

1. In agent assignment for Travel accountant related task: if try to
assign Department using Org Struct . I can not display Org Structure due
to  missing authorization .Org objects are maintained by HR and they
restricted access to other users.
2.  Managerial tasks: I am using roles for determining possible agents.
Here I can not assign travel manger profile as I don't have change
authorization for roles. All the  roles are maintained by Basis
administrator.

My question is what kind of authorization Workflow Developer / Admin
needs? Do they need authorization to display ORg Struct / change roles?
Does any one came across similar situation? Should I request these
authorization or ask the individuals to maintain agent assignments?

Thanks.

Uday Malghan