WorkCenter to identify WF-Admins not working

Susan R. Keohan keohan at ll.mit.edu
Tue May 4 13:42:41 EDT 2004

Hello all,

> From SWU3, the options for maintaining the Workflow Administrator allow you to specify a User, a
Position, a Job, an Org Unit, and a Work Center.  We would like to change this setting so that
additional workflow administrators can get the same messages, etc.   We decided to use a Work
Center, as that would minimize the changes necessary (not all workflow administrators hold the same
job or position).  So we created a Work Center using PO01 and assigned the users to it, then
specified this Work Center in customizing.

Problem is, after I make the assignment for WorkCenter, I get a yellow lightning bolt in config
saying ' A user could not be determined as the workflow administrator   '.  Also,I thought I would
test this out using the Verification Workflow, and it never recognizes the additional users listed
on the Work Center; I (the user who was originally assigned as WF Admin) still get all the tasks.

Has anyone used this approach to allow multiple workflow administrators across Organizational units,
and if so, did you encounter any special requirements for the work center which are undocumented
'features' ?

Thanks!
Sue

PS: As an aside, the documentation for states that 'If you have already maintained a standard
workflow system administrator,  it is not overwritten by "Auto-Customizing".' and I have not found
this to be true, although this may be because of the error detected by SWu3.

--
Susan R. Keohan
SAP Workflow Developer
keohan at ll.mit.edu