Alert Management

Mihai OLARU olarum at softwin.ro
Mon May 3 04:21:59 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have an alert category ZTEST1, which sends an email

In the Long Text I have (just for testing purposes):

_EVT_OBJECT =  &_EVT_OBJECT& (it means the triggering object and it is a
variable used internally by the Alert Framework)

ZSTARTDATE = &ZSTARTDATE&  (ZSTARTDATE is an element in the container  -
Structure: CRMD_OPPORT_H, Field: STARTDATE)

In SWE2

Object type : BUS2000111 (Opportunity)

Event : CREATED

Receiver Type: ZTEST1

Receiver Call = Function Module

Receiver Function Module: SALRT_CREATE_VIA_EVENT

Linkage activated: 'Checked'

The same settings as above for the event DELETED

I create an Opportunity and I receive the email :

_EVT_OBJECT =  <blank>

ZSTARTDATE = <blank>

I delete it and I get an email with :

_EVT_OBJECT =  [BO.BUS2000111.F4676......]

ZSTARTDATE = <blank>

Why is the id of object empty at creation ?

How can I fill in the elements of the container?

I gathered that Alerts are somehow 'simplified' Workflows and this is why I
put the question on this forum.

Thank you,

Mihai