Creating an attachment to a workitem from outside SAP

Kevin Wilson kwilson at Insight.com
Tue Mar 30 20:32:48 EST 2004

I would like to call a function module to automatically create an
attachment (a text note or office doc) to a workitem from outside of
SAP. i.e. I create a form in another app that takes text or an office
doc as input. I would then like to have this text attached as a note
object to the work item and any office doc attached as such to the work
item.
I found the function module SWL_WI_ATTACHMENT_CREATE; would this be the
appropriate one to implement?
Thanks
Kevin