Restart of a workflow

Thuan Thai TThai at nvidia.com
Fri Mar 26 13:50:31 EST 2004

Hi All,

I'm starting to build a workflow for master data automation, and it seems
that there are some concerns.

(1) If an error occurs during any one of the steps, I need to be able to
restart the workflow from where it left off.  Is this doable using the same
workflow?

(2) All the steps are background steps.  Would it be possible to change the
mode to be in the foreground so that the user will be able to step through
the screens for troubleshooting purposes during reprocessing.

(3) It seems that if I handle exceptions thrown during step processing, it
does not put the Workflow into ERROR status and so can't be reprocessed.
How can I achieve this reprocessing of where the error occurred and continue
from there?

Thanks much!

Regards,

Thuan