modify container elements of running work items

Alon Raskin araskin at eOutlook.com
Thu Mar 18 10:27:46 EST 2004

Hi Sheldon,
=20
You can use Function Modules SWW_WI_CONTAINER_READ and =
SWW_WI_CONTAINER_MODIFY.
There are WAPIs that can be used too but I tried them and got some =
strange error messages so I used the FMs above.=20
=20
Good luck,
=20
Alon
=20
________________________________

From: SAP Workflow on behalf of skidmore.s at pg.com
Sent: Thu 18/03/2004 15:20
To: SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Subject: modify container elements of running work items

Hello Fellow Workflowers,

Recently we went live with a new workflow process.  Unfortunately we did =
not
create all of the needed bindings.  While this is not causing an ERROR =
in the
workitem, it is causing significant slow-downs in the process.  We have
corrected the binding, but would like to try and clean-up the existing =
workflow
items.

Can we modify the value for the container element for those existing =
workitems?
It's an instance of the IMAGE business object, and so far I have tried =
manually
changing the value of the container element without success (always =
receive an
SAP ArchiveLink error message).  Is there perhaps an SAP function module =
I can
use?  I am on 4.5B.

Thanks,
Sheldon Skidmore