AW: Workflow doesn't continue

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Thu Mar 18 04:58:40 EST 2004

Hi Werner,
'fraid to say yes. I've had similar situations a few times in the past, e=
ven
played around with manually changing stautses in a very 'inofficial' way =
and
eventually decided this was definitively not a good idea.
Depending on the scale of your problem, I've found that users can be quit=
amenable to helping you out for a change (assuming things hardly ever go =
wrong
and you can always blame the users if they do :)  Yes, I'm talking about =
"we've had an oops and very sorry but can you recreate your last two XYZ'=
s"
type of mail.

The problem with doing it yourself is that a) it can be a pain to have to
manually edit containers to match what the original flow did, and b) your
audit trail is not necessarily correct - especially if users have created
attachments etc. There's only so much even the WF admin can modify.

Your choice really depends on your flow and the exact nature and scale of=
 the
problem...
Cheers
Mike