Parallel Forks and Parallel Processing

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Thu Mar 11 06:54:56 EST 2004

Hi Alon,
Is an event really the only option to find out if you can move forward?
Perhaps there is some value you can test as well as looking for the event.  If you are in WAS system you could perhaps use a work item "before" condition to check for this.

Another option may be to add a parallel fork to the event-handling subflow that captures the event and sets a flag in the container.  Your event handling then checks to see if the flag is set and only waits for the event if the flag is not yet set.  Otherwise it can continue.

If you just want to add delay to the event you could also try using the event queue to deliver the event.
Jocelyn