Generic Object Services and SAPv4.5b

Heath, Darrell L. Darrell.Heath at Lyondell.com
Tue Mar 9 15:58:48 EST 2004

It is possible to do this in 4.5b.  Manually, you do it via
System->links then "Copy Desktop Document". To automate this, you can
also look at the function group BREL but "note" these are not released
so proceed at your own risk.  We aren't automatically linking these
types of documents initially but we do have to re-link them as invoice
documents are reversed/deleted.

There were some issues with parked documents that we recently had to
apply OSS notes to make it work.

Darrell

-----Original Message-----
From: SAP Workflow [mailto:Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU] On Behalf Of
Nicholas Brand
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 8:47 AM
To: SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Subject: Generic Object Services and SAPv4.5b

Hi,

My client uses SAP v4.5b and will upgrade to v4.7 within the year.

In v4.7 we could use Generic Object Services to allow them to attach
Excel
or Word files to invoices - e.g. the file may be the invoice
justification
or detail the line-items that make up the invoice.

So my question is: Is it possible to attach a file to an invoice in
v4.5b
as standard and how is it done?

I'm not talking about linking scanned images to the invoice using the
SAP
ArchiveLink tables which I know is possible.

Thanks for any advice. It's been quite a while since I used v4.5b and I
don't have access to the system at the moment.

Regards,
Nicholas