How to call external HTTP based viewer from inside R/3?

tom.olaf tom.olaf at spring.no
Tue Mar 9 04:57:28 EST 2004

Hi.

Another option would be to call the function 'CALL_BROWSER' with the URL. This
was used in function ARCHIVOBJECT_DISPLAY in 4.6C. In 4.7 the logic is changed
but I have note checked out the details yet.

Regards
Tom

<SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU> =====
>Viveka,
>
>I am doing something very much like this today. I added a custom method
>to the object that I was working on that had the following code in it:
>
>DATA:
>      URL LIKE ZTRANS_DETAIL-URL.
>  SWC_GET_ELEMENT CONTAINER 'URL' URL.
>
>  call function 'WS_EXECUTE'
>    EXPORTING
>       COMMANDLINE = URL
>       PROGRAM = 'EXPLORER'
>    EXCEPTIONS
>       FRONTEND_ERROR = 1.
>
>END_METHOD.
>
>I build my url externally and pass it as a parameter into the method.
>You can adapt this approach and build your URL within the method.
>
>-Chris
>
>Chris Pruitt
>SI Corporation
>E-Mail: chris_pruitt at sind.com
>Mobile: 423-400-5661
>Office: 423-553-2053

confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by returning the
original message to the sender and then delete the message.