Using SWI6 Workload Analysis in 4.6C

Kouw, FA - SPLXE fa.kouw at td.klm.com
Fri Mar 5 05:59:27 EST 2004

Hi Kathleen,

If you want an end-user to see the status of a workflow related to a particular business object then 'Services
for object' is a good tool. In 4.6C you can find the button at the top-left of the screen and in the menu under
'System' (f.i. in tx ME23N or MM03). This only works if the particular business object has been defined as an
(input?) element of the workflow container. This way of reporting is especially meant for reporting to
end-users.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Fred Kouw

Raveen Moodley wrote:

> Kathleen Hi,
>
> SWI6 is a good option when looking into reporting of workflow against a
> business object however I've found that it's not very easy for end users
> to understand  and requires lots of training. Aside from the object key,
> the users would have to know the business object as well to run this
> transaction. Further, SWI6  gives the users more info than they require,
> from experience most users only want to know with whom their workitem is
> currently sitting with.
>
>  We have implemented a program "Trace Workflow" based on report RSWIOINS
> which seems to solve this problem. Created a program with predefined
> button eg "Purchase Requisition" , "Material" ...., then call method
> "Find" bases on the button press and submit this to the report.
>
> You will find that it's much more user-friendly as it only displays the
> workflow header and all it's dialog activities.
>
> Many Thanks,
>
> Raveen Moodley
> E-Mail  : rmoodley at toyota.co.za
>
> "Roehlen, Peter" <PRoehlen at powercor.com.au>
> Sent by: SAP Workflow <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>
> 05/03/2004 02:54 AM
> Please respond to
> SAP Workflow Users' Group <SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>

> SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: Using SWI6 Workload Analysis  in 4.6C
>
> Hi Kathleen,
>
> This is what we do when we want ti add the IFFIND interface so that we can
> use the object with SWI6:
>
> 1) If you don't already have it, create a customer version (subtype) of
> the
> object - eg ZBUS2105.
> 2) Using SWO1, add interface IFFIND.
> 3) A new method can now be found in the methods called "Find".
>
> SWI6 should now work with the object.  If it doesn't or if you are unhappy
> about the popup that asks for the object number, you can re-define the
> Find
> method to be friendlier.  There is a help topic on how to do this in the
> R/3
> library (http://help.sap.com) - select your release and then use the
> search
> tool on "IFFIND".
>
> Let me know if you require any further info.
>
> Cheers
>
> Peter.

This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged
material intended for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you
are notified that no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed,
copied or distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or
attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received
this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail,
and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its
subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible
for any delay in receipt.