Modification of SAP standard solution for payment blocks

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Fri Jun 11 06:59:19 EDT 2004

In our company we use standard IT solutions. Well, nearly. Now they want to
implement payment block with workflow release for customer credit memos (in
FI). However, they want to be able to differ on sales organisation within a
company code. I have said that this is not possible, at least not without a
modification of SAP standard, since one company code can only have one
workflow variant. We can have different procedures based on document type
etc, but not based on sales organisation (as far as I have been able to
find out).

Using approval groups is not an option since they don't register that
information on the customer. Perhaps we could talk them into this one....

Have anyone tried to modify the standard solution for FI automatic payment
blocks? I suppose the easy route would be to modify the solution which
finds the workflow variant, extending that with new criteria to be able to
differ on e.g. sales organisation. However, I fear endless trouble.

We are on R/3 release 4.6C if it matters.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

this message.
Thank you.