Create event via status management

Eduardo Pisatti Eduardo.Pisatti at basf-arg.com.ar
Mon Jun 7 13:27:31 EDT 2004

Patrick,

      Maybe this can help you, you could use the following events:

00501014 Sales documents: Final checks II                -
SAMPLE_INTERFACE_00501014
00504001 Customer material info record has been created -
SAMPLE_INTERFACE_00504001
00504002 Customer material info record has been changed -
SAMPLE_INTERFACE_00504002
00504003 Customer material info record has been deleted -
SAMPLE_INTERFACE_00504003

They corresponding to level item with:

SAMPLE_INTERFACE_00504001 = BUS3033.CREATE
SAMPLE_INTERFACE_00504002 = BUS3033.CHANGE
SAMPLE_INTERFACE_00504003 = BUS3033.DELETE

Cheers

Eduardo

                      "de Valensart Schoenmaeckers,
                      Patrick"                                    Para:    SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                      <Patrick.DeValensartSchoenmaeckers@         cc:
                      pmintl.com>                                 Asunto:  Create event via status management
                      Enviado por: SAP Workflow
                      <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>

                      07/06/2004 13:32
                      Por favor, responda a "SAP Workflow
                      Users' Group"

Hi.

I need to trigger a workflow every time a user status is set on a sales
order. Until here, nothing difficult (I create my event via status
management - transaction BSVZ - and restrict it to the relevant user
statuses. Then I use that event as a triggering event of my workflow).

The issue arises when at some stage of my workflow I need to know which
status triggered it. The only solution I could find until now is to have
one
event for each possible status. But that doesn't solve the problem because
there is no possibility (that I am aware of) to know which one of the
various triggering events actually started the workflow. Thus I also need
have one workflow per event. This is definitely not nice as all workflows
would be almost identical anyway and it increases the maintenance cost.

Anybody has a better solution to offer? I also thought about defining each
of my events with a parameter "Status", and then use a check function
module
to fill-in the event container, but that seems tricky. Anyone already tried
to do that?

Thank you all in advance for your replies.

Cheers,

Patrick