[RANT] Re: What is EVENTITEM and WORKITEM in Type Linkage

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Tue Jun 1 03:02:32 EDT 2004

Maybe I am rude (I have no career in diplomace, I already know that) - but
do you really expect us to provide you with the most basic information?

I am not against contributing to helping people who need help, but I don't
have time - and it would not be fair to my employer - to spend time giving
basic training to employees of other companies. The least you can do is
press F1 and spend 10 minutes reading available help information before you
send a message to the list.

And this does not only apply to you. There are plenty of questions here
which should never find their way to this forum. So all of you - please
don't waste the time of people who are more polite than me and actually
answer these beginner questions. Show that you at least have TRIED to find
the answer yourself. Or hire a consultant.

Example:
Press F1 in the column/field where you find EVENTITEM
Click to follow the link, and alas:

Definition: receiver type
SAP Business Workflow (BC-BMT-WFM)

Optional input parameter for the receiver function module.

The receiver type is stored in the type linkage table and is entered by the
system. The entry is made at definition time if triggering events are
defined for tasks. The entry is made at runtime if a wait step or activity
that references a single-step task with a terminating event is executed.
     With triggering events of tasks, the receiver type is the ID of the
     task to be started.
     With wait steps or terminating events of single-step tasks, the
     receiver type is "EVENTITEM" or "WORKITEM".

Return ->
Definition: receiver type
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

                    Praveen Johri
                    <pjohri at csc.com>            To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                    Sent by: SAP                cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)
                    Workflow                    Subject:     What is EVENTITEM and WORKITEM in Type Linkage
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM
                    A.MIT.EDU>

                    18.05.2004 09:21
                    Please respond to
                    "SAP Workflow Users'
                    Group"

One more thing ..........

what does GLOBAL and ENABLED check boxes do in type linkage

Thanks & Regards

Praveen Johri
SAP Practice
Extn : 2597
Ph    : 91-0120-2582323
Fax   : 91-0120-2582322
Computer Science Corporation India Ltd.

for such purpose.

----- Forwarded by Praveen Johri/GTS/CSC on 05/18/2004 12:50 PM -----

                      Praveen Johri
                      /GTS/CSC                 To:
SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                                               cc:
                      05/18/2004 12:49         Subject: What is EVENTITEM
and WORKITEM in Type Linkage
                      PM

Hi Guys,

One small question..
i have
bus2105 ....<some event> ......EVENTITEM and
bus2105.....<someevent>.....WORKITEM  defined in type linkage table.
Need to know why do we give this type of linkage......

Thanks & Regards

Praveen Johri
SAP Practice
Extn : 2597