Workflow, notification by email with form of approval

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Thu Jul 29 22:33:15 EDT 2004

Hi Eric,
Your current form options are (these are in order of complexity):
a) Extended/standard email notifications sending a hyperlink to a web based form transaction - e.g. something written with Java and using the JCo connector to talk to SAP if necessary. See the OSS notes (search on program name RSWUWFML2)
b) Workflow form steps (requires at least basis 4.6d) - see Alan's article in SAP insider and there's a write up on the technique from me in service.sap.com/workflow
c) Internet Service Requests (using SAP ITS or SAP EP+Java)
d) SAP/Adobe Interactive Forms solution - brand new hot off the box NetWeaver04 stuff - requires a NetWeaver04 (6.40) box somewhere in your landscape.  See the SAP Developer's Network web site for more details (sdn.sap.com).

Microsoft Exchange Service and the SAP Exchange Connector are no longer options.

Note that leave request forms and many other forms are provided by SAP ESS (Employee Self Service) - so I'd ask around to see whether they have this or are planning to get it before you start developing things.
Regards,
Jocelyn