Abstract Deadline Approaching - July 30th

Moore, Timothy TMoore at charlottepipe.com
Tue Jul 27 11:15:07 EDT 2004

Workflow/Webflow Experts,

The deadline for abstract submission is approaching, July 30. With
Dallas and the Fall Forum is only a few months away, November 7 - 10th,
we are still looking to you as content experts to help us with the Forum
Topics.=20
What's in it for you? Free admission to the Forum, Exposure to other
experts and the community, and great networking opportunities!
We are looking for speakers that are interested in speaking on one of
our "hot topics" and others that may interest the Workflow/Webflow
community. The "hot topics" collected from the meeting in Atlanta were:

=20

1.      Getting started with workflow including configuration steps,
workflow runtime, enabling standard templates, and glossary of terms=20
        Your company has decided to begin to reap the benefits of
implementing workflow to expedite business processes. So where do you
begin? This session will cover the configuration steps necessary to get
the 'workflow environment' set up correctly. You will also learn the
steps necessary to enable to most commonly used SAP-provided workflow
templates, and be provided with a glossary of terms relating to workflow
development. This is an excellent opportunity for someone new to
workflow to get a handle on some of the basic requirements!
2.      Best practices for workflow development including standards=20
        There are many ways to develop workflows, but everyone's goal
should be to develop robust and error-free workflow applications. How do
you go about accomplishing this? What are some of the common pitfalls in
workflow development, and how can you avoid them? What steps do the best
and the brightest workflow developers also implement? We will also
include suggested standard for workflow development.
3.      Workflow lessons learned=20
4.      Workflow and transports=20
        The transport of workflows to QA and Prod environments can seem
to be complex. This is partially due to the tight integration between
the workflow development objects and the associated configuration. In
this session, you will learn about best practices for ensuring your
workflows get to Production, and get there correctly.
5.      Workflow and new dimension products (CRM, SRM)=20
6.      Sending workitems to portals and hand-held devices
(Communicating with non-GUI agents?)=20
7.      Workflow information system=20
8.      Workflow and upgrades - possible including impact of upgrading
to Enterprise=20
9.      Start conditions and events=20
        Start Conditions and Events are commonly used methodologies for
initiating workflows. But determining where and when events get raised,
and how to best use Start Conditions can be challenging. This session
may also cover the other standard ways of initiating workflows, such as
output determination, change documents, and status management.=20

Other interesting topics that we'd like to see are related to, but not
exclusive to:

*       Upgrading to Netweaver=20
*       Configuring the universal work list=20

If you're interested in speaking on any of our 'Hot Topics' or other
workflow-related topics, click on this link to submit your abstract:=20
http://asugew.prod.web.sba.com/callpapers/CallLogin.cfm?conference_id=3D4=
7
<http://asugew.prod.web.sba.com/callpapers/CallLogin.cfm?conference_id=3D=
4
7> .=20

Along with our BITI, BI and Portals colleagues, we are also planning on
some cross-process presentation tracks on focused topics that cover
multiple processes and technologies that may touch on Workflow/Webflow
along with other technical issues. If you have any interest in
presenting on such a cross-disciplinary track, please contact me for
more information on the "focus" topics.

If you or another SAP professional at your company is interested in
presenting on any of those topics, either singly or with a co-presenter,
please feel free to submit an abstract, or contact me directly if you
have questions. As in previous years, speakers will receive a
complimentary registration to the Forum. The deadline for our Call for
Speakers is July 30.

Best regards,

=20

Tim Moore=20