Synchronization issues when canceling workflows

de Valensart Schoenmaeckers, Patrick Patrick.DeValensartSchoenmaeckers at pmintl.com
Fri Jul 23 12:56:54 EDT 2004

Mike,

Is the task triggering the event an asynchronous task? If yes, you probably
have a way to complete it.

Any, this is just a potential workaround. This definitely sounds like an
issue for OSS.

Cheers,

Patrick

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Pokraka [mailto:workflow at quirky.me.uk]
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2004 3:49 PM
To: SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Subject: Synchronization issues when canceling workflows

Greetings all,
On a 4.7/620 system we have events that cancel the workflow. The problem is
that if the events are triggered via a task in the workflow (e.g. changing a
requisition release level) the task itself remains in the user's inbox
(status STARTED) even though the top level workflow is cancelled.

The error monitoring job usually comes along within 20 minutes and cleans up
the task, but that doesn't always happen and is not really a solution.
It appears that although transaction is complete, the event is raised, the
task somehow remains locked and stays in a status STARTED even though the WF
is cancelled.

I suspect this is an OSS issue, but thought I'd check if anyone has seen
this...
Cheers
Mike