Header events to complete workflow

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Wed Jul 21 14:43:18 EDT 2004

Greetings,
I'm faced with another niggly little bit in using the new event handling =
at
WF header level on a 4.7/620 system,

I suspect the answer is no go, but....
Problem: Using header events it seems to only be possible to cancel the
workflow, not to complete it. This is an important difference, as e.g. a
changed event should leave the WF in a status CANCELLED, but a 'Completed=
'
event (via status management) should leave the WF in a status COMPLETED.

For consistency I like to use one or the other; we can have a parallel fo=
rk
with a bunch of wait for event branches alongside the flow, or neatly lis=
the events in the header. Otherwise it just becomes a trap for the WF adm=
in
to get confused at some point.
I really like the functionality offered by the header event handling -
restarting a new WF with the same container comes close to a workflow
version of sliced bread. So if I want to use that and I also want to have=
 an
'external completion' event I'm stuck with building a mixed event handlin=
g.
Or is this the whole intent behing the header event stuff?

Any thoughts?
Cheers
Mike