Dynamically change deadline of a workitem

de Valensart Schoenmaeckers, Patrick Patrick.DeValensartSchoenmaeckers at pmintl.com
Tue Jul 20 09:38:44 EDT 2004

Hi all,

In a dialog approval step (type activity, delegated object method
ZWFIPP.Approve), I need to give the user the choice to keep the workitem for
an additional fifteen days (the original deadline being set to workitem
creation + one week). I see two ways to do that:
- I end my method with a specific result value _WI_RESULT = "Keep" when the
user chooses to change the deadline. Then I model my workflow so that it
changes the container element "Deadline", and loops back to the approval
step in case its result is "Keep".
- I pass the workitem number to my workitem, and program a deadline change
in my object method "FIPP.Approve".

The first possibility works for sure, but is making workflow definition even
more complex and risks to create a lot of workitems, making workflow logs
difficult to read for an average user. Therefore I would like to try the
second possibility. I found function module SWW_WI_DEADLINES_CHANGE, but
it's not very well documented. Anybody used it before? Otherwise, who has
arguments to make me change my mind ;-) ?

Thanks in advance for your always valuable help.

Cheers,

Patrick

P.S. By the way I am on WAS release 6.20