BOR and Perfmance

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Mon Jul 19 13:39:55 EDT 2004

Hi Alon,
I think in theory if 'advance with dialog' works then it would also retai=
the object instance.
In practice however it just goes plain weird. I had an issue on 4.6c with=
virtual attribute that didn't have a 'CLEAR' after the 'DATA' statement. =
Not
strictly necessary one may think...
WRONG! The attribute was used in the inbox description. Displaying it and
then clicking on another workitem which DIDN'T have a value for that
attribute would show the previous item's attribute value. So somehow it w=
as
buffered across instances when using the inbox.
I asked OSS about the theory/mechanics behind this without much success.

Could I also add to the original question the idea of a Persistent Object
Reference in this context... does that improve buffering or make it worse=
?

Cheers
Mike