Mail with Object attachment

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Thu Jul 15 21:36:51 EDT 2004

Rina,
If you are using SAPOffice mail then you can add an adhoc object similar to adding attachments or use a notification work item rather than an email.  However if you are sending emails to internet addresses then it doesn't make sense to include an object as the only way to view it is by logging on to SAP.  Usual alternative is to use virtual attributes of the object to include key details on the mail, or send a work item and use RSWUWFML2 to send an email with a shortcut to the work item (which can include single signon logon to SAP).

Remember if the notified agent is already an SAP user they can usually use generic object services from non-workflow transactions to see the workflow log. So giving them the LIKP key/display transaction is enough and they can get to generic object services from there.
Jocelyn