New Includes to work with BAPIs???

de Valensart Schoenmaeckers, Patrick Patrick.DeValensartSchoenmaeckers at pmintl.com
Wed Jul 14 11:19:14 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I am not sure, but I think that this extract from note 152871 may help:

"Using ABAP OO Objects in Release 6.20
If you build your own ABAP OO objects you should not use the include
<cntn01>. Instead you should include the macro < cntn02> in our class's
local-type definition and use the macro <cntn03> in your class's =
local-type
implementation."

In other words, try using <cntn02> or <cntn03> instead of <cntn01>.

Cheers,

Patrick

-----Original Message-----
From: Kimball, Schuyler [mailto:schuyler.kimball at sap.com]=20
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 5:08 PM
To: SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Subject: Re: New Includes to work with BAPIs???

Hi Ute,
The following code fragment will produce an error:

(begin code)

*---------------------------------------------------------------------*
*       CLASS ztest DEFINITION
*---------------------------------------------------------------------*
*
*---------------------------------------------------------------------*
CLASS ztest DEFINITION.
  PUBLIC SECTION.
    INCLUDE <cntn01>.
ENDCLASS.                    "ztest DEFINITION

(end code)

The error message reads, 'Within classes and interfaces, you can only =
use
"TYPE" to refer to ABAP Dictionary types (not "LIKE" or "STRUCTURE")'.  =
Is
this the same message you're seeing? =20

If so, one alternate approach would be to move the reference to =
<CNTN01> to
either a function module or a FORM routine, and then CALL FUNCTION or
PERFORM that code from within an ABAP Objects method. =20

I hope this is useful to you.

Sky Kimball=20
SAP America, Inc.=20

E schuyler.kimball at sap.com=20