Event not terminating the workitem

Amit, Uzi u.amit at sap.com
Wed Jul 14 08:33:19 EDT 2004

Dear Workflow collegues,

Please have a look at the following problem:

1. An a-sync. task is defined with a terminating event.
2. The task starts correctly, a workitem is created.
3. The terminating event is raised by the application (via status change)
4. The event does not complete (terminate) the workitem
5. The workitem remains in status: in process.

When checking the event trace, I see that the event is linked to the workitem, but I get the following error message:

*********************
Event ZBUS2001 STATUS_PLC1 for task WORKITEM not defined as start event
Message no. WL610

Diagnosis
The tuple specified (object type, event) is not defined as a triggering event for the specified task.

System Response
The action was cancelled, the task was not started.

Procedure
Check the task definition. Make sure the entries in the task definition conform to the entries in the type linkage table of the events.

In the event trace, I can see that the receiver FM is: SWW_WI_COMP_EVENT_RECEIVE_IBF.

All the settings in the task definition seem to be OK.

Does anyone have an idea how to aproach this problem ?

Thank you very much
Best regards,
Uzi Amit