EBP 4.0 - n-step Approval WF and the Shopping Cart Approval Prev iew Function

Martinek, Jerry Jerry.Martinek at icbc.com
Fri Jul 9 20:44:34 EDT 2004

Hi,

I've created a new custom version of WS14000133 where I've taken the
original WS14000133 and included all of the relevant steps in WS14000134. I
basically replaced the subworkflow with the individual steps. I've had to do
this to trouble shoot some deadline notification problems with the original
WS14000133 workflow.

Having done this I've now run into a new problem in the Shopping Carts
Approval Preview functionality. When I create a new shopping cart and drill
into the Approval Preview, I see three entries in the preview window. The
names assigned to these entries are the individual task step names from the
new workflow. The first is the 'Determine next Approver', the second is 'To
Be Approved By' and the third is 'Determine next Approver'.

There is nothing wrong with the BADI to derive the approver as it's used by
the functioning SAP WS14000133/WS14000134 workflows.

Does anyone have any experience in this area to sched some light as to why
this would be happening?

The deadline notification problem was when I activated deadline monitoring
in TS10008126 which is part of WS14000134, the system generated two deadline
workitems, one for TS10008126 and one for WS14000134. The expectation is
that the system should only generate a deadline workitem for TS10008126 and
not both.

Regards,

Jerry Martinek