deadline notification and forwarding

Vinod Ramchandani vinod.ramchandani at patni.com
Fri Jul 9 04:37:56 EDT 2004

Matthias,

We have achieved similar functionality as per below.
(1) we have copied standard e-mail notification program RSWUWFML.
(2) go to form routine SELECT_WORKITEMS
(3) Insert code given below after SELECT...ENDSELECT for active workitems.
***     Forwarded Workitems

      SELECT wi_id INTO fw_id
                   FROM swwwihead
                  WHERE ( ( wi_type = 'D'
                     OR wi_type = 'F'
                     OR wi_type = 'W' )
                    AND ( wi_stat = 'WAITING' OR wi_stat = 'READY'
                     OR wi_stat = 'SELECTED' OR wi_stat = 'STARTED'
                     OR wi_stat = 'ERROR' ) )
                AND NOT wi_forw_by = '          '.

        SELECT SINGLE wi_id INTO fw_id
                           FROM swwloghist
                          WHERE wi_id = fw_id
                            AND method = 'SWW_WI_FORWARD'
                            AND ( meth_edate > from_date
                             OR ( meth_edate = from_date
                            AND meth_etime > from_time ) )
                            AND ( meth_edate < to_date
                             OR ( meth_edate = to_date
                            AND meth_etime <= to_time ) ).

        IF sy-subrc = 0.
          MOVE fw_id TO wi_id_tab.
          APPEND wi_id_tab.

        ENDIF.
      ENDSELECT.
Only above change will solve the purpose.
You can create variant and schedule the Job to send the deadline
notifications to users who have
forwarded overdued workitems in their inbox.

If you want to construct separate message subject and body for such mails
then you can modify
form routine SEND_MESSAGES accordingly.

Get back to me if you have any further queries.

Thanks and Regards
Vinod Ramchandani,
SAP Workflow Consultant.