Workflow Forms

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Tue Jul 6 21:07:23 EDT 2004

Rick,
Yes a form step uses a flat structure - no multilines - no complex structures.

If you want to use more complex values then you have a couple of options:

* Use multiple individually named elements in your flat structure, e.g. row1field1, row1field2, row2field1, etc.
(not ideal but practical)

* Pass over enough info in your flat structure to go back and read the multiline detail from the workflow container
Note: **workflow** container not workitem - the form step talks directly to the workflow container.

* Hold the mutliline data in a custom table and pass over sufficient key data to access the custom table from the form

Use the flow logic of the form step screen to retrieve the necessary data.

Jocelyn