Private Attributes on a Business Object (BUS2121 specifically)

Mark Pyc Mark.Pyc at boots.co.uk
Fri Jan 30 05:49:49 EST 2004

G'day Mark,

I suffered the same problem with no better solution than you have
identified. The problem comes from the fact that the BOR is Pretend OO.
With everything implemented using Macros rather than genuine objects
things don't behave the way they might. Even if it was genuine OO you
still wouldn't have access unless the attributes were 'Protected' rather
than 'Private' which would mean children only could access them - not even
your children should see your private bits....

Private attributes are really only intended for intermediate calculations
etc that would be useful across methods (maybe todays exchange rate....?).
As far as I know they are no more accessible than a local variable
declared via a data statement in the method implementation.

In terms of EBP, it seemed a strange choice to me to implement the Item
detail in Private when delegating is such a common requirement. Your code
is not very future proof doing it this way.

If there is a better solution I'd love to hear it.

Have fun,
Mark

"Griffiths, Mark" <mark.griffiths at sap.com>
Sent by: SAP Workflow <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>
29/01/2004 16:44
Please respond to SAP Workflow Users' Group