screen output without connection to user

Michael Stecher mstecher at apotex.com
Fri Jan 30 06:57:23 EST 2004

Stephan / Monica,

  I am doing a lot of work currently with BAPI's and RFC Function =
modules being called from outside SAP and am finding that even in these =
modules that are designed to be used from outside the system (implying =
background mode) SAP has coded message statements into the function =
modules.  I have reported several to OSS but they will not change the =
code for this.

  You can try to track this down by calling the function module in test =
mode from SE37.  If you are getting an error popup, the best answer from =
OSS was to create a new (custom) function module with the same interface =
as you are trying to call.  Within this new function module call the =
function module that you want to have run, but add a new exception code =
called ERROR_MESSAGE.  With this exception code any message statements =
will not trigger a popup, but will return to the new function module =
with sy-msgid, sy-msgty, sy-msgno, sy-msgv1, sy-msgv2, sy-msgv3, and =
sy-msgv4.

Mike Stecher