Adding automatic email signatures

Jason Stevens jason.stevens at uk.ibm.com
Thu Jan 22 10:17:01 EST 2004

Hi Workflower's,

Currently implementing workflows for a new dimension product that is
working on WAS 6.20. The workflows are interacting to the users via emails
sent to their outlook inbox's containing URL links (as attachments) to the
relevant task/ phase/ project in cProjects. The client is very sensitive in
regards to data, and requires a standard email disclaimer to be applied to
any email including those originating from the workflow system.

The emails are sent by passing the internet email addresses to the address
strings with type equals U field in a call to a standard
SELFITEM-SENDTASKDESCRIPTIONCALL, because of WAS we are doing a direct SMTP
service of the emails and as such the workflow inbox is by-passed.

Because of the system landscape we can not apply a signature rule at the
exchange server level.

Has anyone got a suggestion of how to make a signature be automatically be
applied to any email originating from the SAP server. We can of course go
the easy route and just add the text to each email workitem, but we would
prefer a solution that applies the signature for all emails rather than
reliant on building the text into each workflow.

Regards,

Jason Stevens
SAP Workflow Consultant
IBM Business Consulting Services