attachments with email (selfitem- sendtaskdescription)

Sergey Breslavets sergey.breslavets at epstechnology.com
Fri Jan 16 17:20:19 EST 2004

Hi Monica,

Simplest way:  you can substitute sendmail step with you own background
task, where you would generate plain text report and send it either as
attachment of as body text using one of the sapoffice sendmail
functions.

To make it look nicer you can use Sapscript instead (generate sapscript
report and pass it as binary content).  I used that technique to
generate and send scanned image of a vendor invoice as an email
attachment.

I'll try to find some code examples and send to you if you want.

There is also a step type in 4.6 you can use in the workflow - Generate
Document from a template. You can create doc template (e.g. using MS
Word) and insert a placeholders in the text which would at generation
time be substituted with values from corresponding container elements.
I'm not sure if it'll work in case of tabular data though..
=20

Regards,
Sergey..