Performance issue deadline monitoring

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Fri Jan 16 08:50:21 EST 2004

Hi,
You don't mention version, but from 4.5 (I think) there is the event queu=
which can limit the rate of events. I suggest you spend some time reading
throught the docs and set it up on a test system, the main bits are to
activate the job (SWEQADM) and to set your event linkage to use the queue=
.

I would also seriously ask the question if your deadlines are effective
given the rates you mention. Too many deadline messages will resultin=20
your users ignoring them. If you are using deadline monitoring for
introducing delays or similar design issues, consider rethinking design,
deadline length, frequency of job etc.

Cheers
Mike